King's degree programmes are validated by the University of Chester (validation is the UK equivalent of accreditation in the US). This means students taking a King's degree are enrolled as students of the university and receive a Chester award when they complete their degree. 

The British Government provides a list of officially recognised academic institutions on its website. The guide explains which Higher Education institutions are properly accredited/validated in the UK. Only these institutions are permitted by law to offer degrees.  

King's is listed under Section 3, while our validating university (the University of Chester) is listed in Section 2. Meanwhile our B.Th., Graduate Diploma and M.A. programmes are listed on the University of Chester website. For further information see our Notes for North American Applicants which contain further details of accreditation and international recognition of Higher Education.