Graduate Diploma in Theology
validated by the University of Chester
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
King's Graduate Diploma in Theology provides graduates holding a degree in a subject other than Theology the opportunity to earn an internationally recognised undergraduate qualification in the subject. The award demonstrates advanced knowledge, understanding and skills in Theology, providing formal certification for the following example scenarios:
- Non-Theology graduates with certification to study the subject at postgraduate level
- Ordinands and Christian workers requiring formal evidence of studies in Theology
- Christians in lay positions seeking formal evidence of theological study
- Qualified schoolteachers requiring Religious Studies certification to expand a teaching portfolio
- Individuals with Theology qualifications seeking to update their knowledge in the field
- Individuals who seek formal British undergraduate certificate in Theology for whatever reason
- Anyone with a degree who wants to study Theology for personal reasons
If you plan to take the course to secure specific employment or enrol on a particular postgraduate programme you should first ascertain that it meets that institution's requirements.
Students take six modules from those available at the final stage of King's B.Th. programme. The Graduate Diploma is studied online and can be completed full-time over one year through to part-time over up to four years.
For detailed aims, structure and content view the Graduate Diploma specification on the University of Chester website. To access content of individual modules scroll down and click on underlined module codes in the box.
King's Graduate Diploma is validated and awarded by the University of Chester. Graduates are eligible to attend the university's graduation ceremony held each year at Chester Cathedral.